Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Human Centipede

I never imagined I would be writing a review for this movie. *SPOILER ALERT*(if you don't already know) - This is the story about a demented scientist who wants to create human centipede.

It was really a torture to watch the whole film but I managed to finish it, just because I kind of dared myself.

Despite the horrid visuals the film is shot pretty good. Whole filming is done digitally, in one major location, which is a big house. I will talk about the production design in a second but one logic escapes my mind, how they end up spending 1.5 Million Euros(courtsey IMDB) on a film like this?

I mean as far as production design is concerned, it was great, well suited for the film's mood. The paintings on the wall, the hidden operation room in the cellar, was very clever, but 1.5 Mil not convinced.

Practical effects and makeup was also dead on, but doesn't justify the cost.

Acting was pretty decent, by all the actors. The pain and suffering was so real that it was making me hard to watch it, hence I call this experience a travesty.

As per box office mojo it made on 181,467 USD.

I think this movie just fits perfectly in the horror genre, However, I think the filmmaker took this movie to the next level. Which ofcourse a filmmaker should do, I will commend him for that, in the case of Human Centipede it just did not work out. I mean when people hear how Dr Heiter( the demented scientist) creates the human centipede, it gross them out and they choose not to watch it.

Now lets talk about story, till the time he was working on the Human centipede it was kind of interesting but once the human centipede is created, story just halts , nothing happens, looks like the writer thought how we end it? how about sending some cops and then Dr Heiter should screwup.BINGO! In my opinion it was the easy way out.

Do I regret watching it, I would say no because it made me realize how much gore and atrocities I can handle on TV. But I plan not to see the sequel.

Cheers
Mragendra

No comments:

Post a Comment